Take a step back for a moment from the code, and join us for a session exploring new ways of sketching digital interactions.
Sketching is not just about drawing, and neither is it limited to something done through pen and paper. In fact, many new digital technologies are hard to grasp early on through both static sketching as well as code. This is where animation comes into the picture. Through animation-based sketches you can use simple means to express and explore complex user experiences and scenarios. Learn how animation-based sketching can help you develop your early concepts and be used to communicate intended value to your customers.
In the workshop we will work hands on with:
- The challenges of sketching in early conceptual design
- Using animation and video tools in the design of digital concepts
- Move from simple stop motion techniques, to high fidelity renderings of e.g. an interface design
- Assessing when (and when not) to use animation as a sketching tool in the design process.
- Bring your own laptops/tablets
- Download and install the full/trial version of Adobe Premiere (http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html)
- Bring an open mind to explore the early fuzzy front end of design