Pradeep Soundararajan is a renowned tester from India. He is the Founder & Chief Consultant of Moolya ( www.moolya.com ) a new generation testing services company from India that helps its domestic and international customers to gain high value through through exploratory testing & check automation. Prior to being known as the Founder of Moolya, Pradeep was an independent consultant, coach, author and invited speaker at many conferences worldwide. He blogs at http://testertested.blogspot.com
Thursday 16.45 - 17.35 in: Keyboard Cat
I have been a tester in an outsourced project, a test manager for an outsourced project, consultant to test teams that work on outsourced projects and now running a testing services business where our business and money comes from outsourced testing.
I assure you, I am not going to talk about my company and this is no sales pitch. I am genuinely interested at helping people in Europe work smoother and better with wherever they have outsourced testing to. I interact with companies in India that are primarily focused on testing services from Europe or the company in Europe has an IT center in India. I have been through all this and know some major pain points in outsourcing and most importantly making it work. I have been asked to advice companies wanting to outsource to India on evaluating vendors and how to make it work.
Most importantly, I have known projects that failed, have had my share of messing things up, made things work, know why some people have challenge working on it and advice companies on making it work.
In my talk I want to get the audience thinking:
* Understanding cultural differences and its impact
* Project failure reasons
- People & their ego
- Process & Metrics that hinder the progress
- SLA and the screw ups
- Day to day interaction woes
- Language and Accent
- What's really happening both sides
* How important it is for you to ask for good services
* What we think works for us
* What you may need to change and what we may need to change
* Free consultation post my talk (again, guaranteed, no sales pitch)
Monday 13.30 - 16.30 in: Keyboard Cat
I was successful with freestyle exploratory testing but when I tried SBTM, the first few times I looked like a failure. After introspection, I found, I didn't make it my own. I made it work for me. I claim to know the secrets (there are none) to make it work for others and have been helping testers to use them effectively in the projects they work.
I wish I could have used a mindmap to explain what will be covered in this workshop :) Bring on your laptop/iPad/Tab with any mind mapping software installed on it to experience SBTM using Mindmaps.
Here are things that would become obvious to you during the workshop:
* Exploratory Test Management
* Session Based Test Management
* Mind mapping and harnessing its power to make SBTM super easy
As you practice these things over, you would be able to
* Plan and run exploratory testing for your project
* Make yourself and your team highly accountable
* Control the trajectory of your project
* Have answers to many questions that bother you
* Get completely away from scripted testing
* Manage test projects better
* Show real value to clients by more wider and deeper coverage
I am going to set the ball rolling for you
* Making you experience how to do it
* Allowing you to make the mistakes you are likely to and help you correct it
* Answer questions that you have in mind
* Practice ET, SBTM and Mindmapping with me in the workshop