I’m Kohsuke Kawaguchi. I’m a software engineer who enjoys writing code and solving problems. I have been working on a large number of open-source projects. I am probably best known as the creator of Jenkins, a continuous integration server. My projects span many different areas of the technology, but my main interest is around developer tools, XML, and web services in Java.
Wednesday 15.40 - 16.30 in: Honey Badger
In this talk, we'll look at several continuous integration techniques you can use to get more value out of your Jenkins installation. The topic will cover the "validated merge" feature to make your builds unbreakable, the "fingerprinting" feature to build audit trail of your artifacts, and the "pipeline" feature to better visualize how your changes are verified by Jenkins, and so on.
This talk will benefit existing Jenkins users the most, although the concepts discussed here should equally apply to other continuous integration servers as well.
Tuesday 8.30 - 16.30 in: Grinding the Crack
We assume participants have a reasonable understanding of Java development as well as a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
All our courses are above all practical in nature. We believe that the best way to learn is by doing. So the course contains a large number of labs.
This course is an intensive 1-day workshop, with a mixture of teaching and lab exercises. You will learn about how to design and implement an effective Jenkins build environment, as well as some invaluable tricks of the trade. The basic course program is outlined here:
1. An introduction to Continuous Integration (CI) principles
2. What you need to implement CI
3. CI-friendly development practices
4. Setting up a Jenkins server
5. Continuous Integration build strategies and best practices
7. Automated testing
8. Automated code quality audits
9. Automated reporting on project status and statistics
10. Integrating Jenkins with your issue management system
11. Using distributed builds to speed up the build process and to run environment-specific build jobs
12. Applying Jenkins to large projects - using CI on with large teams or multi-team projects, with multiple evelopment/integration SCM branches,...