Tuesday: NoSQL Day
|Smart phones||Smart phones||Smart phones|
|Architecture||Cloud & nosql||Patterns|
|Web development||Web development||Social media|
|Collaboration||Realizing business ideas||Software craftsmanship|
Wednesday, 13:10 - 14:00
It’s just a white board! How can it possibly work? Kanban’s simplicity belies its power. In this session, Jim Benson will demonstrate how kanban’s visual and narrative structure:
* Creates an observable narrative of work;
* Enables clarity of purpose, action, intent, outcome, process, responsibility;
* Promotes shared understanding among people with different learning styles (visual, auditory), cognitive styles (ADHD / Asperger’s), cultural styles;
* Recognizes individual input;
* Depersonalizes work;
* Enhances tribal focus;
* Respects problem solving;
* Fosters the transition from market economy to a social economy, and
* Shifts the game of work from productivity to completion.
Jim Benson incorporates his background in cognitive psychology, government, and management to build community through policy, technology, and collaboration. His management consultancy Modus Cooperandi helps organizations change and develop sustainable teams through the application of lean principles, agile methodologies, and social media.
His book Mapping Work | Navigating Your Life: Using Personal Kanban for Life Effectiveness applies lean thinking to daily living.